I am back once again! – I should be updating regularly this blog or at least that is my intention. This is the first post for 2014 and I hope it’s not the last one. This is an alternative to the traditional way of eating porridge. It requires no cooking and you simply prepare in the evening before going to bed. The oats need to soak in water, milk or yogurt so they can soften. This is my basic recipe.
- 1 cup of old-fashion rolled oats
- 1 cup of yogurt ( Soy alternative if you don’t want any dairy)
- 1/3 cup of milk ( Same as above)
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey (Or any sweetener)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Cocoa (Optional)
Mix everything in a glass bowl or mason jar, close the lid, leave overnight in the fridge. Top with fruits and nuts (If you fancy) and enjoy! I used strawberries and blueberries
And I have used almonds but you can use anything else
It’s the best!