I made this hummus last Saturday to take it to a friend for tapas style dinner. I do not enjoy the hummus you get from the supermarket , So I decided to spend 5 extra minutes making this simple, no twist hummus. This is the recipe:
Ingredients (This will make a bowl of hummus):
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 3 tbsp tahini or sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
- 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
- Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic (Depending how garlicky you want it to be)
- Cumin (1-2 tbsp to taste)
- Salt to taste
1. Drain chickpeas & rinse.
2. Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini, and some water (around 4tbsp) in a food processor, and blend to a smooth paste.
3. Add more lemon, olive oil, cumin or salt to taste. Pour the mix into a mixing bowl. Drizzle olive oil and some cumin.