Earlier this week we decided to go green and just had greens for dinner. By greens I mean Spinach and Cabbage & Green beans. It was a great dinner. We had leftovers hummus & everything worked just great with some bread.
Spinach & Parmesan – I found this kind of spinach in the Chinese supermarket. I am not sure what type it is but It is definitely not the baby spinach you get in every supermarket here in the UK. It tastes great! This is how I made it.
- Olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Lime
Place the spinach on a plate, shave some Parmesan cheese, drizzle olive oil & some lime juice & some pepper
Lemon Pointed Cabbage & Green beans – I love this kind of cabbage. It’s so versatile and It’s great to have it as a side and It can be cooked in so many different ways. Here’s an idea.
- Handful of green beans (Boiled)
- The juice of 1 lemon, plus zest of lemon.
- 3-4 cabbage leaves.
- Olive oil
- Handful almonds
- Garlic – 2-3 gloves
- Salt & Peppers.
1. Wash the cabbage, cut in strips of 1 cm.
2. In a pan heat the olive oil with the chopped garlic. Add the cabbage and some salt. Stir and sweat for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the green beans and the lemon juice and the zest. It is ready to serve on the plate & Drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
4. In the same pan, toast the almonds and add them to the greens.