This is an extremely simple & fast recipe. I usually try to work around a vegetable. This time is courgette! They are in season now and they are so versatile but tonight I opted to use it in my spaghetti. I think this is a healthy pasta specially because the courgettes are grilled and the pepper was roasted. I adapted this off the easyliving website. No fuzz, everyday recipe with this one!
- 200gr spaghetti
- 1 long red pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 big courgette or 2 medium size
- 1 or 1/2 chilli depending on how hot you would like it to be
- 70-100gr Feta cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- Olive Oil
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to the timing instructions on the packet, or until al dente
2. Pre-heat the over to 200C. Place the pepper on a foil paper and place in the over for 20 mins
3. Slight the courgettes (thick slices), garlic & Onion
4. Toss the courgettes with some salt and pepper. Brush a griddle pan with a little of the oil and place on a high heat, then griddle courgettes in batches for 2-3 mins on each side until charred and cooked through. Keep warm.
5. Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions garlic and chilli. Stir over the heat for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add the girdled courgettes and the sliced roasted pepper. Finally, add the juice of 1/2 lemon. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Add the feta cheese to vegetables and drizzle some olive oil.