Yet another salad in a space of a few days! I know but I love them specially in summer. Finally, after so much rain in England we’ve managed to get a couple sunny days this summer. This weekend was the first one with “nice” weather after really long. I took my wooden chairs and table outside and I am planning to keep them outside for as long as I want my summer to continue. Having dinner in my little backyard is one of the best feelings ever. BBQ last night to celebrate a sunny day and a lovely salad today after work to celebrate the summer evening. Happy days!
This salad is easy and it tastes refreshing. You can adjust the quantities and the ingredients as much as you want. I took it from the rte.ie website although I made a few tweaks to it.
- 400 g beetroot
- 2 tblsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 300 g green lentils
- 150 g goat or feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- handful each of flat-leaf parsley, chives and
dill(I used basil instead), roughly chopped
- couple of sun dried tomatoes
For the dressing:
- 3 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- sea salt and ground black pepper
– Preheat the oven to 200°C and place in a roasting tin. Toss with the oil, some salt and place in the oven to roast for about 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the beetroot. If they are tender when you pierce them with a fork then they are ready.
– In a mortar, mash the garlic and add all the ingredients for the dressing.
Add the herbs, cheese, sun dried tomatoes and beetroot to the lentils together with the dressing. Toss to combine.