My birthday was about 10 days ago and my lovely spanish housemate got me the Hummingbird bakery cookbook as my birthday present! I got soo excited. I was meant to get this book myself at some point! I’ve been reading so many good reviews about it and my sister went to the cafe in London and told me their cupcakes were superb. I needed to give this book a try right away (To build my way up to cupcake heaven!!!) . The case is that I had a get together yesterday afternoon and wanted to make something from my home country but I didn’t have all the ingredients 😦 But I did have courgettes in my fridge which needed to be eaten and carrots as well, so I decided to change and bake my little muffins. They definitely are worth giving them a try!!!
- 2 Eggs
- 200 soft light brown sugar (I used white)
- 80ml sunflower oil (I used melted butter at room temp)
- 260g plain flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 80ml natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g walnuts, chopped
- 250g carrots, grated
- 120g, courgette, grated
-The recipe will produce around 12 big muffins. Preheat the over to 170°.
-Sugar,eggs and oil go to a bowl and are mixed with a whisk until well combined.
– In another bowl sift flour, combine together with baking power and cinnamon then add the mix of sugar, etc and mix well until everything is incorporated. At this point, yogurt and vanilla extract is added and kept mixing through until combined. I finally incorporated the walnuts, carrots and courgettes.
– Last, Place the mixture into paper cases and bake for around 25-30 mins and done!!